Tips to making fantastic risotto
- Use a heavy duty 5-6 quart stainless steel or enameled cast iron pot
- Choose the proper rice, like an Arborio which is the most common
- Toast the rice with a little bit of oil until opaque in the center, this will help the rice from absorbing too much liquid or releasing too much starch
- If you add the wine first it helps to soften the toasted rice
- Dilute the broth with equal amount of water.
- Constantly stir to prevent sticking
- Let the risotto rest for about 5 minutes before serving